Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cliches and Sayings

How many old cliches have you heard?

Have you heard of these?
Pound foolish but penny wise
For this one I guess it is about being a foolish miser. I know somebody who acts like that in real life too ha ha ha (it's not me ok!). This guy that I know keeps saying that people in Africa has no food and other basic necessities so we shouldn't waste our money. One day he tried to be sarcastic when I want to buy some chewing gum and drinks by saying "buy, buy, buy, buy... Sheesh". What the hell? And this is after he bought a new thousand ringgit plasma tv while the old tv is still working in perfect condition! HUH??!


How about this one?
Book fat but knowledge thin
A guy keeps preaching about Robert Kiyosaki and other self help guru and how these people can help me become a millionaire with their skills. Well then Mr Guy, if they are so smart how come you failed your 2 years business and racked up 20 thousand ringgit in debt? Is that what they teach you to do? Fail spectacularly??!

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment